Monday, June 17, 2013

So...here I am

  So I got a couple of pictures and ugh. I have always hated pictures of myself but wow, I hate overweight body shots of myself even more! But here I am, as promised.


I plan on taking pictures every week, even though I don't think there will really be a difference until I've dropped a lot of it off. It will make for a good video later on maybe :o)

Anyway, I had mentioned before I would be counting carbs. I don't just count carbs however. I do look at what I'm eating, if it has a lot of processed sugar, if its a lot of calories etc. But in counting carbs, I'm not very strict on myself probably because Ive been a diabetic for a while now and I do it with a glance. Basically I do it like this. 15 grams of carbohydrates = 1 carb. I eat no more than 13 carbs in a day, which by age I could have 19 in a day but since I'm trying to lose weight I keep below 13 carbs. Its normally more like about 8 carbs to be honest. I HATE eating breakfast. I just cant seem to want to eat even 2 or 3 hours after I wake up. I'm just not hungry. So I drink an Atkins Shake for breakfast. There's like 0 carbs and I believe the french vanilla has about 130-140 calories. I get calcium, protein and vitamins out of it so that works for me and I can stand to drink that for breakfast. So I have no carbs for breakfast. I usually have a 3 carb lunch and 3 carb dinner. I only drink unsweetened ice tea, sweetened with Splenda, which by the way is a fabulous sweetener! I drink water too, I don't drink much cola or pop but when I do its usually just one glass and very rarely. I count each slice of bread as 1 carb even if its a bit under one. No fries! Potato products are bad for diabetics, its like injecting sugar into your veins lol I don't drink alcohol so no worries there either. I love salads and for salads you only have to really count the dressing or croutons. I don't eat carrots because carrots are very high in sugar. Eggs have only trace carbs so I like putting them on a salad too. Ok, sorry about getting distracted there. When I count a carb, if its 10g of carbohydrates, I still count it as a carb. If its 20 carbohydrates, I count is as a carb. You can count carbs as half carbs if you like or add up the carbohydrates from 202 to 292 and divide them by 15 to get your total count but this is how I do it. Yes I cheat myself out of some carbohydrates but in the long run I'm not missing it and if I want to grab 1 potato chip, (yes I'm so bad!) or have a piece of chocolate, I'm not going overboard to do so. 

One thing people have problems with especially in this day and age, is fast food. Yeah you can get healthy things at fast food but people want to have that juicy (or greasy yuck) burger now and then. I was a truck driver for many years and one of the things I used to do is order burgers without the bun. Carl's Jr and Hardees both have excellent burgers, wrapped in large leaves of lettuce. There you go, you get your calories you need but no carbs. Yay! We like food with no carbs. Something else I like is dill pickles. Dill pickles have almost no carbs and no calories so its a great snack when you feel hungry and just need to take the edge off. I'm out of pickles now, note to self, buy pickles. lol 

Other than losing weight this summer, I'm growing a garden, which the leaves are being eaten by a bug so I need to get something to put on them that's organic to keep them off. I'm growing lots of tomatoes and peppers. Green beans, sweet peas, corn, squash, cucumbers, pickles and carrots. Carrots only because my husband loves them. Im planning on getting some strawberry plants too. Everything else I started from seed. My niece is getting married in August and hopefully Ill be down in weight and be able to wear a pretty dress for the occasion. I'm trying to find it in me, to start a video diary and post the videos on here, but I have high social anxiety among other issues and even recording a video of myself when I'm alone is nerve wracking. 

Ok, time for me to settle down for the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment